January 4, 2010

Snow

Last weekend, I visited to Daejeon. I attended a "masquerade" party, which was a little awkward at first because I didn't know anyone, but it ended up being pretty fun. It was nice meeting a whole new group of foreigners, some of whom were pretty cool, and others who were at least interesting (fun to laugh at).





I made some crappy cat mask with googly eyes all over it.



A few of us limbo-ed.



I went into a bar with a giant cock hanging from the ceiling. Actually, I only went in there for long enough to take a picture because it was really crowded.





I feel like this picture really speaks to me. If I were really planning on getting a tattoo, I'd probably get this.



It's pretty cool that you can buy packs of sparklers at grocery stores in Korea for 50 cents.

Overall, the trip was a lot of fun, and it made me really glad I'm getting out of Chuncheon and moving onto a bigger city. Don't get me wrong, Chuncheon is a nice, quaint place, but it's kind of stifling. Maybe it was just because there were so many foreigners around that it felt more "real" and less like "being in Korea." I guess "being in Korea" is okay, but I'm kinda over it.

Anyway, it's been snowing like a mother fucker. I've never seen snow like this. Here are some pictures I took on Saturday. The snow is actually higher now because it's been snowing all day, but I don't want to go back outside to take pictures.





I took these from my apartment.







I think I need to buy a new camera, which is a real bummer because I just got this one four or five months ago. But I screwed up by buying the cheapest one available. Half of my pictures are blurry. It's frustrating.

I started my second week of winter camp today. The boys are real angels.

I've got next week off. Originally, I was supposed to teach some teachers' classes, but no one signed up (thank god). Officially, all foreign teachers should come in to sit on their asses for 8 hours a day if they're not teaching camp, but I've saved up several (10, actually) sick days, and my co-teacher said it would be okay for me to stay home. Assa!

2 comments:

  1. God I always say it but I love your photos so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Albie! I really appreciate the support.

    ReplyDelete