January 29, 2010

Last week



I've got two days of camp left. Today, we played Monopoly, and I kicked all those 10-year-olds' asses! There's a pair of really cute twins in my class, and when one of them landed on my hotel, she put her hands on her head and screamed as loud as she could. It was hilarious and adorable. There's also this obnoxious kid, and whenever he had to pay me $1000 I laughed in his face and showed no mercy.

The kids really like me because all we do is play games. At first, during break time, they went off and did their own things, but now they climb all over me and ask me questions.

Although camp's going well, I've been feeling kind of down this week. It's been really boring finishing work at 12:30, coming home to an empty apartment, and not speaking to anyone else for the rest of the day. I know it may seem like it's really exciting here to some of my friends back home, but in reality, it's pretty lonely and alienating a lot of the time. I'm definitely looking forward to going back to an Anglophone country.

This is my last weekend in Chuncheon. Next Tuesday, I'm going back to Daejeon to sort out my visa stuff. Then, I'm going to Manila on Friday. I'm getting excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment