March 20, 2009



I can't believe I've already been in South Korea for a whole month. Time is flying. Today also marks the end of my first week of teaching. So far, things are going well. I teach 22 classes a week with somewhere between 36 and 40 kids in each class. That comes out to over 800 students. I teach the entire second grade and all but two third grade classes (remember, this is middle school, so the kids are like 14-15). It kind of sucks because I won't get to see the kids often enough to really get to know many of them. Also, I live right by the school, and with 800 students, they can be hard to avoid. I seriously can't leave my apartment without hearing, "HI, JUSTIN!" everywhere I go.

The good thing is that the kids are awesome, and they keep me entertained. For some reason, I've been called "handsome" by someone in almost every class (mind you, this is an all-boys school). And another boy told me that he loves me. There are a few troublemakers in most classes, but I'm not worried. Most of them actually seem to be pretty good kids who are just starved for attention.

I think some of my fellow foreign teachers and I are going to watch Polecats tonight. I mentioned it last weekend, and they all decided that they had to see it. Hopefully they will still want to be my friends tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment