March 23, 2009

The gym teachers invited me out for dinner and drinking tonight. At first, I was a little scared, because none of them speak very good English. But fortunately, Harry the science teacher came along, and it ended up being lots of fun. We ate cow's intestines and congealed blood (GOOD FOR MAN, they said). With kimchi, of course. Actually, the intestines were kind of gross - chewy and flavorless, but the blood was good. Also, we drank plenty of soju and beer. I think we're supposed to go out like that once or twice a month, which is fine by me. I just don't understand why they think that Monday is a good night for drinking.

One of the gym teachers kept telling me (in extremely broken English) that his wife hates his drinking, and when he comes home drunk, she attacks him like a tiger. I thought he was saying that she gets drunk on soju and acts like a tiger. But his kids love when he comes home drunk because he gives them money.

I wonder if the gym teachers in my middle school were actually cool guys or if they were just assholes like I thought at the time.

3 comments:

  1. Man, teachers getting drunk on monday night?

    Also, what's the consistency of this blood dish? Is it liquid or like a gel, or solid?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justin,

    Korean wifes are famous for fighting and attacking their husbands in public. lol

    ReplyDelete